Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

Whew, keeping up with a blog is hard work! I am finally back in the saddle and will hopefully be updating a lot more often now. We are in the final stretch of Operation Baby Duffy! Little Nate will be making his appearance in about four weeks and we are so ready! We have been working hard getting the nursery ready and have finally taken pictures. The nesting hormones have been raging for the last month or so, and I have not been able to sit down and rest like I should be. I am still feeling great for a 36-week pregnant lady, aside from the constant back and hip pain. Ben claims that I snore every night now, and it's getting harder to get a good night's sleep (for both of us!)

Nate is getting big and is still all over the place. I am afraid he will be a little on the big side - I'm predicting a good 8 pounds or so! I will probably have another ultrasound in the next couple weeks to see just how big this boy is going to be.

Nate has two new cousins who recently made their arrival. Abby was born on December 25th, and Maggie Beth was born on February 17th. I can't wait until they can all play together! We are going to have to find Nate some little boys to play with. All of my friends are having girls.

Not much else is happening around here. We are still trying to prepare Gracie and Murphy for their baby brother's arrival. They are no longer couch dogs, which has been quite a feat and a little bit difficult for me. But they are both adjusting well. They know they are not allowed in the nursery but have been allowed to take in all the new baby scents that will soon be filling the house.

This weekend will be the weekend I make sure se have everything we need and start packing bags for the hospital, just in case Nate decides to make his appearance a little early. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We are blessed beyond measure to be able to experience the joy of bringing this new little one into our lives!

Nate at 35 weeks


Nate's nursery


This canvas has Jeremiah 1:5 on it. I am waiting on the
cute blue lamp that will go with the lamp shade.


Nate's adorable door hanger, made by his own mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment