Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Praying for Patience

Well, I am now 38 weeks pregnant and Nate is still hanging in there. I know that most first-time pregnancies usually take their sweet little time and don't deliver until 40 weeks or after. When I went to the OB at 36 weeks, I was already making progress, and Dr. Chauhan seemed a little surprised. Last Thursday, she predicted he would come within the week. I did go to the hospital that night with contractions every 3-6 minutes apart, but they sent me home with no progress. I have been contracting regularly for the last four days. I went back today, and he has made even more progress. But he is still apparently happy as a little clam in his little bubble! I am scheduled to be induced on the 26th if he doesn't decide to make his entrance before then.

As for me, I guess I am hanging in there as well. My pelvis feels like it is ready to split in two, Nate has settled on my sciatic nerve, and I wake up every hour at night in a sweat...but other than that I can't complain! I am just praying that the Lord will give me strength to make it through each day. We are praying for patience as well, which is really hard considering we all know what happens when we pray for patience! I am still working, hoping that each day will be my last day to work for a while. I am so paranoid my water will break while I'm in a patient's room!

So here's hoping tonight will be the night, but I am trying my darndest not to get my hopes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment