Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy 11 Months (and 3 days)!!

I can't believe we're planning a birthday party!! Where has this year gone? I am so sad that my baby is growing up way too fast. But he is so much fun!! His little personality is coming more and more alive every day. But with the cuteness comes one very strong-willed and determined little boy! He is proving himself to be such a boy and is getting into absolutely everything!! He knows the word "no" but chooses to completely ignore it most of the time, so I think we are going to have to start toughening up on our discipline.

All about Nate:
- Wearing 18 month shirts, 12-18 month pants, too long for anything one-piece!

-Crawls at the speed of lightning, but not in a hurry to take steps. He will walk (holding a hand) if walking from me to Ben and with our encouragement.

- He will stand on his own for a couple seconds until he realizes he is doing it.

-Doesn't like any of his toys. Would rather get into things and play with stuff he's not supposed to.
His new favorite activity is pulling things out of his changing table basket (tubes of stuff) and absolutely loves his Aquaphor tube. He will pull it out and carry it around the house with him.

-Is really good at feeding himself. We are trying more and more finger foods and he actually doesn't get too terribly messy. We have just added lunch, so he is now getting 4 bottles a day and three meals.

-He is perfecting his sippy cup skills, but will pitch a fit if you try to put his milk in a cup instead of his bottle.

- Likes to pitch a fit if he doesn't get his way. He will squint his eyes like he is trying to squeeze a tear out!

- He was showing all the classic teething signs a couple weeks ago, but still no teeth on the horizon. I was hoping he would have at least one in his head by his first birthday!

-Still has not met a stranger. He loves smiling at everyone we see!

- He spontaneously started waking up about 6:30 a couple weeks ago and seems to really enjoy this new wake up time. Good for me on work days when I can see him before I leave for work, but not so much fun on the weekends! I'm hoping this is just a trend!

- Loves Baby Einstein, singing, talking, and reading. I think he is going to be quite the verbal little boy.

- He doesn't miss a beat. Whenever there is a door or cabinet open or an opportunity arises to get into something, he is right there!

-His attention span is getting shorter and shorter!!

11 month chair pic. These are getting harder and harder to take!



Helping mommy with the laundry.


Big buds





I love to feed myself!

Playing with my tubes. Notice the Aquaphor in his right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment