Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Movin' On Up!

Well, folks. We're making the big move!! From here...


To here:

We put our quaint little house on the market in mid-January and it sold in about six weeks. The Lord answered our prayer for a new house in his perfect timing. It's everything we need for a growing family and it was just the right price at just the right time. The new house is in Lakeland, just far enough out to where we feel like we are in the country but not too far from civilization. We are closing on April 25th, and I can't wait to move in and get settled! I will post inside pictures when we make the house our own. It's going to need some minor improvements (new carpet and paint). Nate has already picked out his new room. :)

In other news... this has not been the best week for our family. We were hoping to give some great news at Nate's birthday party next Saturday that he is going to be a big brother. But God had other plans for us. I ended up having my second miscarriage a couple nights ago. One day it seems we are praising God for all His wonderful blessings (the selling of our house, finding a new house, and blessing us with another baby), and the next day life throws a curve ball and we are left wanting to ask why. I've learned not to ask why, though, because we will never know the answer. These past couple years have certainly been a lesson in faith and trust. After the first miscarriage, I hoped I would never have to experience the loss of another child. Nate and his baby brother or sister would have been nineteen months apart.  All I can do is love on my little boy right now and hold him as much as I can. He certainly is the best medicine.

Nate paid his first visit to the ER this morning. We were playing in the den and Nate startled Gracie and she turned around and bit him on the hand. He had a pretty deep puncture wound below his pinky and the minor med wouldn't treat him, so we had to take him to the ER. $100 and two hours later, all we needed was a prescription for Augmentin. All the old people in the waiting room certainly enjoyed his entertainment while we waited though. I don't know what Gracie's future holds because we certainly can't have a dog in the house who bites our children, but it was more than I could think about today.

Waiting to see the ER doc

We certainly hope things start looking up again for us soon. We took a drive this afternoon to Tunica to get Nate some summer clothes. We are looking forward to taking a beach trip with my parents and sister in May. We got Nate all ready for the trip with some new swim gear. He'll be decked out from head to toe! I was going to try it all on him and take a picture but we got home too late this evening. I will definitely post that soon.

Nate will be one year old in one week! I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast! Stay tuned for a birthday post soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your new house is so nice. I will keep you in my prayers.

    NiCole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Lauren! I know you feel such a loss and please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. You keep hugging that precious little boy and be thankful for every moment you have with him! God has a wonderful plan for you and your family - just keep trusting in that!

    ReplyDelete