Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Nine months old...plus a few days

I've been a horrible blogger!! I guess Ben was right when he said he didn't believe I would keep up with it. Oh, well. This just means I have more important things occupying my time, like keeping up with a nine-month-old who is into absolutely EVERYTHING!!! Nate turned nine months on December 26th (at least I am updating this before he turns ten months, right?)

Fun things about Nate:
- 22 pounds, 13 ounces (75th percentile) and 32 inches (off the chart!) at his nine month visit.
- Wearing 12 to 18 month clothes.
- He still has no teeth, but is starting to gum some table food and loves to feed himself.
- He still sleeps from about 7:30 at night to 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning. We recently started putting him down awake at night and he has adjusted very well to putting himself to sleep.
- He is pulling up on his feet but hasn't really tried to take steps yet. Today he was standing without holding on to anything a couple seconds without realizing he was doing it!
- He discovered this weekend how much fun it is to open cabinets, so we have had to put locks on them.
- He is THE HAPPIEST, SMILIEST BABY I have ever known! We went to visit my grandmother in assisted living this past weekend, and he was smiling and flirting with all the old ladies! He still has not met a stranger.
- He LOVES the camera. Whenever he sees a camera pointed at him, he hams it up.
- There is absolutely nothing he hasn't tried to open, crawl on, push, pull, climb on, chew on, eat, bang, or throw! But we still love him anyway and love the fact that he has so far proved himself to be 100% boy!!
- After a long two-month battle with constant ear infections and 13 trips to various doctors, Nate finally got tubes on December 30th. He has done great with them and has not awakened one single time during the night since (he had been doing a lot of that).

The rest of this post will be a quick catch-up on Christmas and recent events. Sorry I haven't been more detailed during such a fun season of the year.

Hamming it up for the camera

Excited that Santa is coming!

Dear Santa, I have been such a good boy...

I would rather just play with the boxes!

Look at all my presents!!

Opening his gifts from Santa

Playing with one of his gifts from BeBe and Poppy

I love my new music table!

This was his favorite part of Christmas.

Playing with his cousins on Christmas

I love my new Buzz Lightyear scooter from Marc, Annie, and the kids

Nine month chair pic. We have to distract him to keep him in the chair now.

He loves to read!

My new standing trick

Ready to go play in my first snow!

My first snow! 4 inches!



That's cold!!

Love those cheeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment