Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Eight Months Old and Other Fun Stuff

Hello, again! I have been so busy this month with my new hobby (more on that later) that I have neglected the blog. We have all been sick, then well, then sick again, and Nate is now on his second ear infection in less than a month. So I have not slept for the last five days because he is up fussing so much at night. Meanwhile, he has been growing, growing, growing, and moving, moving, moving!! He is crawling full speed ahead now. His favorite thing is to get into things he's not supposed to, like getting into the dogs' toy basket or pushing buttons on our phone. He's a lot of fun, but he sure does wear a mama out!!  He turned eight months old on the 26th, and he is a whopping 22 1/2 pounds of pure sweetness.

New things with Nate:
- He is crawling everywhere on hands and knees. He never was a scooter.
- Pulling up on his knees but hasn't figured out how to get his feet up under him yet.
- Can sit up from a lying position.
- He is into EVERYTHING!! We have to watch him like a hawk.
- He loves to have his picture taken and gets the biggest smile on his face when his sees a camera pointed at him.

Eight month chair pic

I'm smiling even when I'm sick

He loves to pull books out of his basket and he loves to read.

I have tried and tried to post video of some of Nate's newest tricks, but I have never been successful with that on this blog. I will keep trying though.


We went down to Indianola to my parents house for Nate's first Thanksgiving. My Aunt Sue, cousin Katherine, Mimi, and Nate's Aunt Meg and Uncle Dan joined us from Texas and Alabama. We enjoyed family time together and ate yummy food until we just about popped! Nate was sick the whole time, and Ben had to leave Thursday night to work Friday, so I was on my own while he was not sleeping at night. That part was not so fun, but we had a good time. Nate was a trooper even though he felt so bad.

Having fun with Mimi

playing on Mimi's walker

cousin Katherine


Nate in his BeBe's high chair from when she was a baby *1 years ago!
Poppy spent a lot of time refinishing it and it looks great.

first turkey day bib

Nate and BeBe

Nate with his Uncle Dan

As I mentioned a while back, I have taken up sewing and appliqueing, and I am having so much fun! I have made so much stuff for Nate (johnnies and t-shirts) and also kitchen towels, bibs, and burp cloths. Here are some of the things I've made:











So I'm going to go sew now. Maybe I'll blog again before the new year!!


1 comment:

  1. hey,
    Your stuff is so cute. Did you have lessons or learn by yourself? I have been wanting to start sewing but have been a little scared. Any tips?

    NiCole

    ReplyDelete