Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

I am writing this post as Nate is screaming, as he has been for the past couple hours. Not because anything is wrong, but just because. He has gotten quite spoiled and pitches a fit if he is not being held. I am trying so hard not to pick him up when he cries, but he looks so pitiful! This afternoon I made it an hour before I cracked and picked him up. He had been crying so hard he was sweating! Ben is here now and is keeping me strong! He seems to be doing much better with his reflux, though. We stopped the Mylanta yesterday and he is only on the Zantac now.

We had two nights in a row this week where Nate slept five hours straight! I felt like a new woman. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. He didn't sleep so well last night. I figured the streak wouldn't last long, but I was hoping this was a new trend. Maybe all this crying he's doing now will wear him out! I am not looking forward to the six week growth spurt that I keep hearing about. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the two week growth spurt!

I took Nate up to St. Jude last Thursday to meet all of my coworkers. Everyone thought he was just as adorable as I do! It was such a strange feeling walking through the front door with my baby. I thought of all the parents who have had to do that for real, do it because their child was sick. I figured those who didn't know me would think I was their because my child was sick. I always thought that if it happened to my child I'd be able to handle it because I know what to expect. I never fully understood how devastating and life changing that would be until five weeks ago. I cannot imagine someone telling me my son has cancer. Ben has said that he sees his patients in a different way now and it has changed the way he does his job. I felt for the parents of my patients before, but now I have a new respect for them and can admire them for their strength and faith. I don't think I will ever see my patients the same way again, and I believe it will change the way I do my job.

On a lighter note, we took Nate to his first church service yesterday, and he slept all the way through with only a few wimpers! We are having him dedicated this Sunday on Mother's Day. I am so thankful for a church that is so dedicated to ensuring my children have a strong foundation in Christ. My sister, parents, and grandmother are all coming up for the event. This will be the first time my sister, Megan, and grandmother, Mimi have met Nate, so it will be a special weekend.


Mr. Cool

My first Sunday at church

No comments:

Post a Comment