Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Getting Settled

Nate is growing up so fast! I can't believe he is going to be eight weeks old tomorrow. We are finally starting to get into a routine. I didn't imagine that he would still keep me this busy at two months! Nate is not a great napper. He likes to cat nap, and we're lucky if he sleeps 30 minutes at a time. Right now he is screaming because I put him down for a nap in his pack 'n' play (that's the first time he's screamed when I put him down today). He is generally much less fussy now. I had been trying to get him to nap in his crib, but he absolutely hates it and refuses to sleep. He will scream for 45 minute intervals until I go in there and pick him up. And of course, when I do, he will cuddle up on my chest with a big smile on his face. That little stinker! He knows who's in control! We are putting him in his crib tomorrow night to sleep for the first time, so say a prayer for us. It may be a really long night. But I'm so ready to have my room back after eight weeks! I figure he's got to fall asleep at some point, right?

Nate's personality is really starting to come alive. He smiles all the time now with a smile that will light up a room. He loves to kick and move his arms and really interacts with his toys. This morning he discovered himself in the bathroom mirror while I was taking a shower and was really impressed with himself! He is starting to sleep from about 8:30 to 7:00ish and only wakes up around 2:00 to eat.

Nate made his first trip out of town this past weekend to visit my parents. I helped host a baby shower for my friend, Sally, who is having a girl in July, so I drove down to Jackson Saturday while my mom (BB) got to babysat. She said the three hours he slept on her chest was the best three hours of her whole year. My grandmother, Mimi, really enjoyed holding him again as well. We went to church Sunday and everyone oooed and ahhhed over him. Nate behaved very well on his first trip, and we had a great weekend.

Ben started his last class this week. It's a three week course that keeps him really busy on the computer when he's home, so I have to get my computer time in while he's gone. I am so glad this is his last one for a while and that he will have the whole summer and fall off!

We are loving life with this little guy. I still can't believe how good God has been to us, how blessed we truly are. I never imagined it was possible to love this much!


Nate talking with his daddy

Nate and Mimi


Cutest smile in the world!

I love my play time!


Whose that handsome baby in the mirror?

No comments:

Post a Comment