Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My first Mother's Day was such a special day! My sister, Megan, my parents, and my grandmother, Mimi all came up for Nate's dedication. Megan and Mimi had never met Nate before, so it was a special weekend. Nate is Mimi's first great grandchild, and she was clearly happy to meet him and be able to hold him. Nate is so blessed to have five living great grandparents (four on Ben's side). We had a great time visiting with each other and being together as a family. My parents babysat Nate Saturday night while Ben, Megan, and I went to see a movie with some friends. Nate apparently showed out while we were gone and was quite cranky! 

Nate's dedication was very nice, and he was such a good boy through the whole thing. He ended up sleeping in my arms through the whole service. I was so glad Mimi was able to attend. She may not remember that day for long, but we will certainly remember she was there with us for years to come. We all went out for a Mother's Day lunch with Ben's family (18 of us total!) before my family had to leave. It was such a great weekend with everyone together. Nate (and Ben) gave me such a sweet card and a mini spa day for Mother's Day. I can't wait to use it! I could definitely use some pampering right now!

Nate is now in the throws of his six week growth spurt. Instead of sleeping four to five hours at night, he has gone back to his every two to three hour schedule. Needless to say, he has made me quite exhausted the past couple of days! He is definitely eating more and putting on weight. His little outfit he had on today was way too short, and it fit perfectly fine last week! He is certainly becoming more interactive each day. He makes great eye contact when you talk to him and is really starting to smile a lot more. We even caught some smiles on camera this weekend. He loves play time on his mat and is starting to swat at the toys. The past several nights, he has done really well when we put him down for bed. He is having more good nights than bad where he is not nearly as fussy. He cries a little less each night, and tonight he didn't even cry! We are definitely starting to settle into our little family routine here. I will just be glad when this growth spurt is over and he starts sleeping longer stretches!

Nate and his Aunt Meg

Nate and his Poppy

Mimi meets Nate for the first time



Nate getting ready for his dedication

Four generations

Nate being dedicated

BB, Poppy, and Mimi

Grandmom and Granddad

Nate and his cousins Abby and Maggie Beth

Thought this was funny!

Lighting up the room

Cutey patooty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment