Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Three Weeks and Still Surviving!

Nate is 3 weeks old today and growing so fast! We took him for his two week appointment on Monday and he weighed a hefty 8 pounds, 10 ounces and was 22 1/2 inches long, which means he gained 1 pound, 13 ounces and grew 2 1/4 inches in just two weeks!! We know we are going to have a tall boy; I just wish he wouldn't grow so fast. I can really tell he's growing when we put him in his swing or car seat because he fits in them so much better now. He has outgrown all of his newborn sleepers. They are all too short in the arms, legs, and feet. I have had to buy him some new clothes already!

These past couple weeks have proved challenging. Nate hit his two week growth spurt last weekend and has been feeding about every two hours around the clock. He finally started slowing down last night, so hopefully we can spread them out a little more for now. He has been very colicky at times (his favorite time being late at night!) and has a lot of trouble with gas pains. I have totally cut out dairy products from my diet as they seemed to really bother him, and he has gotten somewhat better. I am trying to start getting him on a regular schedule. I was actually able to get him to sleep tonight at 8:45 and he hasn't made a peep!

Nate seems to be doing new things and changing every day. He has some chubby cheeks and a double chin now, thanks to all the weight gain! He really focuses on us when we talk to him, and he loves when Ben or I sing to him. Today he was even laughing in his sleep. He is much more alert and awake during the day. He very much dislikes tummy time and loves to sleep on his back, unlike most babies. He absolutely hates sleeping in his crib but fortunately sleeps well in his pack 'n' play in our bedroom. I guess we will be crossing the crib bridge when we get there! He got his first tub bath tonight and actually didn't put up too much of a fight until we got him out of the tub.

As for me, I am hanging in there. I have been on my own for two days now. Ben went back to work Monday, and my mom and dad were here helping me out until Wednesday. They certainly were a lot of help! We have had some friends bring us meals, which has been very much appreciated. I think Nate has enjoyed having his mommy to himself the last couple of days and seems to be adjusting well. I was even able to get a shower and get my hair and makeup done by 11:00 this morning!

We are having so much fun as parents so far. Every minute with Nate is so rewarding. Hope you enjoy the pics!






Not to fond of this bath situation at first...

but maybe it's not so bad!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! He is so cute. I am glad you are enjoying your time at home, but we so miss you around St. Jude. Enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete