Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Month Old!!

I can't believe Nate is already one month old as of yesterday! This month sure has flown by so fast, and he is growing like a weed. I wish time would just slow down. I never thought that all of these sleepless nights would be just a memory slo quickly!

Nate's little personality is really coming to life. Unfortunately, so is his reflux. Sunday night we took him to Bible study where he proceeded to scream his head off the whole time we were there and did not stop screaming after we got home. Ben started up the vacuum cleaner (a little tip he received from a coworker), and Nate was konked out within about three minutes. He immediately started screaming though as soon as I put him down. Next we tried the carseat on the dryer trick, and that lasted about five minutes. Finally, about 10:15, we put him in the car and went for a drive while playing his lullaby CD, and he finally konked out for good until 2 a.m! This was the scene that night....



We started him on the Mylanta last week and it seemed to make a big difference. But several days ago, his symptoms started slowly creeping back, so I called his pediatrician yesterday. She prescribed Zantac, which we started last night. So far the Zantac has not kicked in, and he has been absolutely miserable today. He is hardly sleeping during the day and is starting to gag, cough, and choke a lot. We have started the Mylanta back along with the Zantac. I'm giving it till Thursday, and if he's still miserable, I'm calling the pediatrician again and hope she will start him on Prevacid. It's so hard to see your baby suffer through something like this, as I am sure so many of you mothers can relate.

On a brigher note...when Nate is happy, he is very alert and interactive between naps. He is starting to smile purposefully and speaking his own little language. My favorite sound he makes is when he yawns. I love when I am holding him and his little hands grab onto my shirt. He is now wearing 3 month footed sleepers and is almost too long for them! I think bathtime is quickly becoming his favorite time of th day. Whenever he is in the bathtub, he is a happy boy!

I got my new camera yesterday and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! I have been taking pictures all day, and soon I will be a professional! Even Ben says the pictures are great. So get ready for some great Nate pics coming your way! Here ar a few I played around with today...







Well, I'm trying to upload more pictures, but in the break I took from uploading, it looks as though they have changed the uploading process and I can't figure it out. If anyone else has this problem, let me know! I'll keep trying, but meanwhile, enjoy these few of our little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment