Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I've Caught the Bug....

....The sewing bug!! Yes, I am learning how to sew and embroider/applique. I bought a sewing machine and an embroidery machine and have been taking sewing lessons on Monday nights. So far I have learned to make long and short johnnies for Nate and have made one of each! I also made a cute pair of corduroy pants for him last night that I am going to pair with a cute appliqued shirt for the fall. My fabulous sister-in-law, Candice (http://www.mysewsweetboutique.blogspot.com/) has been (very patiently) teaching me how to monogram and applique. She has helped me to make Nate's johnnies very cute along with some really cute bibs. I haven't used my own embroidery machine yet because I am still waiting on a part, but I can't wait to whip up some really cute creations!!



Nate proudly sporting his new outfit (which is pretty much too short!)



2 comments:

  1. Those look great. I have a sewing/embroider machine and have used it a handful of times. How do you do things like the alligator? Do you cut the fabric to fit first and then load the design into your machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I load the design in first. The machine will outline the design for me, then I place the fabric on top of the outline and it outlines it again. Then I cut the fabric real close to the outline and the machine does the satin stitch. It's pretty easy after some practice.

    ReplyDelete