Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun on the Fourth

This past weekend, Nate took his first trip to Ben's Uncle Marc's lake house at Pickwick to celebrate the fourth. We spent Saturday through Monday there and had a great time. We swam, tubed on the lake, cooked out, and ate till we popped! Nate's six-month-old cousin, Abby, was there, and it was so cute watching them "play" together. Nate is catching up to her quickly and is already longer than she is!

I tried my hand at tubing with Ben's cousin, Victoria, for the first time since high school. Marc managed to throw me off twice, which didn't feel too good! I realized I'm not as young as I used to be, but it was a lot of fun.

Nate decided this weekend would be the time to stop sleeping well at night. He had been sleeping 12 hours at night without a peep, but Sunday morning, he was up bright and early at 3:30 a.m. I managed to keep him quiet (we were sharing a room with Abby and her mom) until 5:00 when all of a sudden he started screaming like a banshee! I don't know what his problem was, but he has been up a couple times a night ever since. I hope this isn't the four month sleep regression I have been reading about, but it sounds like it could be. I figured this would happen about the time I get ready to go back to work.

I am going back to work one week from today, and I am soaking up every moment with my little guy. I figure everything else can be put on hold right now while I snuggle with him as much as I can. I'm going to miss this so much!
Abby and Nate with Granddad



Look how much longer Nate is!

In his red, white, and blue with his signature scowl

Ridin' the waves (I'm on the right.)

Whew! That was scary fun!

I ran across some baby pictures of Ben on the computer the other day. It is freaky how much Nate looks like him! There is no question who his father is!

           


Nate is able to sit in his Bumbo now and hold his head up. He looks so cute in it!



1 comment:

  1. I don't see the resemblance between Nate and the picture you posted of Ben (ahh..fond memories of that highchair and wood paneled wall). Where do you see the resemblance?

    ReplyDelete