Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 4, 2010

Two Months Old!!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I fully intended to do the official two month post last week, but with Ben being so busy with his online class, I have not had a chance to get on. And Ben is officially finished with his Bachelor of Nursing degree as of today!! We are so excited he will have seven months off to enjoy family time until he starts all over with his Masters (his fourth degree!)

I can't believe Nate is already 10 weeks old! He is growing so fast. I took him for his two-month checkup last Wednesday. He weighed in at a whopping 12 pounds, 10 ounces (75th percentile) and 25 INCHES LONG (97th percentile)!! He has grown 5 inches since birth! That's 1/3 Ben's height already!! That really puts it into perspective. He got all of his two month shots, which makes me really nervous. He only screamed for a couple minutes and stopped the moment I picked him up. He was only cranky that day and was his happy self the next day. Nate is getting too long for his three month clothes and can wear a lot of his six month clothes already.

Operation Crib has been quite a success so far! I can put him down around 8pm wide awake, and he will fall right to sleep. He sleeps eight hours now and usually wakes up around 5am to nurse and will go right back to sleep until 8:00. The first night we put him in his crib, I looked at his empty pack'n'play and just cried because my baby had reached a big milestone. Naptime is still a challenge, but I can at least put him down awake in his crib and he will sleep 10 minutes, cry 10 minutes, and so on until he finally falls asleep for about 30 minutes. So he is slowly making progress. At least he is self-soothing now so that I don't have to keep going in there.

As far as development goes, Nate is doing new things every day. It's so fun to watch him discover this new world. He absolutely loves ceiling fans and will lay back and stare at them. His favorite color is yellow. He lights up when we put his yellow bumblebee toy in front of him and he will pick it out of all the toys hanging on his playmat. He also stares and smiles at the page with the yellow border in his black and white book. He is really swatting at his toys now but has not relaxed his hands enough yet to grab them. He can hold onto a rattle for a few minutes but doesn't realize he's holding it! He is getting pretty good head control and his starting to lift his head up during tummy time.

We are flying to Texas next Wednesday for my cousin's wedding and are very excited about introducing Nate to my extended family. I am a little bit stressed about flying with a baby and all the stuff that entails, but it will better than a 12-13 hour drive! I will post again after our trip!



This outfit is a 9 month!!

The official monthly chair picture


Holding his rattle


Bathtime is my favorite time of day!

I just love those cheeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment